All seeking Christians with the following qualifications may apply:
- University degree or similar qualification
- Age 21 to 35 years old
- Sound physical and mental health
- Recommendation from their local elder or responsible brother
- Adequate English proficiency (Minimum Band 5 in IELTS – please see below)
- In addition, mature Christians will be considered based on their life-experience as a qualification.
The full-time programme is open to all applicants who fulfill the qualifications above; exceptions are assessed on a case-by-case basis. There is no discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, culture, or nationality. We practice everything in the principle of equality as set forth in the New Testament:
There cannot be Jew nor Greek, there cannot be slave nor free man, there cannot be male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus (Gal. 3:28)
To apply, visit the Applying to the Training section and carefully follow the directions for submission.
International and EU/EEA applicants
As of 1 January 2021, most applicants who do not have UK citizenship will be required to apply for a visa in order to attend the Training. Amana Trust is able to sponsor visas for applicants from outside the UK. For further information, please click here.
There are some exceptions where a sponsored visa is not required. Exceptions are if you are entitled to or currently have:
- UK pre-settled or settled status
- The UK new graduate scheme: For those who have just graduated with a UK undergraduate or post-graduate degree. The scheme commences on 1 July 2021
- A two-year Youth Mobility visa for work and study (18-30 years old and from an eligible country)
- British National (overseas) visa: If you are from Hong Kong and are a British national (overseas), you can apply for this visa
Please note that if you proceed to apply for FTTL, once you have been accepted, full details about the sponsored visa application process and costs involved will be sent to you. If you need information prior to making your FTTL application or have any questions, please email us directly with your inquiry.
In order for the trainees to gain the most benefit from the Training, we require that all applicants have a modest level of proficiency in the English language. This requirement will apply to any applicants who do not have English as a first language and are not fully fluent.
Such applicants will be expected to have at least Band 5 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System) before coming to the training. This is considered “a modest user who has partial command of the language, coping with overall meaning in most situations, though is likely to make many mistakes. Should be able to handle basic communication in own field.”
This test is widely available and can be taken in any country in Europe. More information may be found at http://www.ielts.org/. The test must be taken a month in advance in order to allow time to get test results back prior to the beginning of the term.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please email us.